Monday, September 6, 2010

An assortment of things

tofurky sausages in a "cream" sauce really tasted great
to  make anything vegan make sure you use unsweetened soy milk otherwise it will not taste right
spinach potato patties!!
yummy pasta primavera!!


I have been so swamped with work I have not posted but I at least want to get some pics on here and then I can post more recipes later. I have been practically addicted to fresh spinach ever since I found organic spinach in giant containers for less than 4 dollars.  I have added it to pasta, sauces, just saute with fresh garlic. I added it to both the pasta and the sauteed veggies for this primavera and it was great.  I like to brown my veggies b/c I love the crispy flavor mushrooms impart when browned. The other pic is of spinach and potato patties.  For this I used a bag of organic spinach ( frozen) and organic potato , parmesan and half and half.  To veganize unsweetened soy milk would be great and to give it the rich flavor add some earth balance to the pan when cooking.  I did not use any egg in this and it held together well without it.  Seasoning was garlic, onion, salt, and pepper.  These hold up so well and are a great meal or snack. I also made a couple of "cream" sauces with the above soy milk and honestly you cannot tell the difference. I add earth balance to make it richer like cream but for a lighter meal you can omit that step.  The sausages and cream were simply cut up tofurky italian sausage sauteed with onion, fresh garlic and soymilk and added some pepper and drop of salt. The sausages are pretty intense on their own with basil and sundried tomato so the sauce can really be simple. This can be served with mashed potato or whole wheat pasta.  We have eaten this both ways.   

No comments:

Post a Comment